Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So I did

One day it was different.

He said, "can I call you sometime?" And I said okay.
He asked me if I wanted to go for a drink,
so I did.

Then it was a dinner, then three dinners, then thirty
and a drive on a summer night with a ladybug inside the car
"those are good luck!" he said.
I like the idea of believing in omens,
so I did.

Then the seasons changed
and snow fell and the year was ending
and he asked if I wanted to go to Mexico where we
would be warm and drink margaritas and
walk on the beach.
So I did.

And one night under the stars in the warm month of December
on the mexican beach, he brought up children
and I asked him, "do you see yourself getting married to me?"
and he did.

So I looked for a wedding dress and bought the first one
I tried on that fit like a glove
and flew to Las Vegas and stood with him in a chapel
and when the man marrying us asked me if I do,
I said I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment